welcome to the Enfield Vision web site.
We are a group of visually impaired people determined to improve the environment and to reduce the every day problems of blind and partially sighted people. We are registered with the Charity Commission as an organisation with the specific aim of promoting the wellbeing of visually impaired people living in Enfield.
- We meet regularly on the the first Monday in each Month at Park Avenue Disability Resource Centre, Bush Hill Park, Enfield.
- We hold a "Drop-in Morning" on the third Thursday in each month at Park Avenue Disability Resource Centre, Bush Hill Park, Enfield.
Please click here for more information on these activities. If you wish to come along on either day, please do so; you will be made very welcome.
In addition to our meetings and drop-in mornings:
- we hold free Braille lessons each Friday morning at our Community House office;
- we hold weekly bowls matches each Thursday afternoon in association with the Enfield Visually Impaired Bowls Club;
- we publish a newsletter four times a year and occasional news items in between;
- we offer free IT training at our Community House office;
- we arrange trips to the theatre and other places of interest; and
- we have a full programme of fund raising events throughout the year and welcome donations, no matter how small, to help run our activities for visually impaired people.
Please contact us for further information on any of these topics. If there is anything else you want to know or think we could do; please ask. For example, we can help you with:
- information about visual impairment;
- information on how to register as blind or partially sighted and gain the benefits therefrom;
- information on low vision aids, accessing large print publications and tapes;
- information on Enfield Talking Newspaper, who provide a free weekly news tape to blind and partially sighted people living in Enfield; and
- information on appropriate self-help groups or statutory organisations.
We are a member of the FundRaising Standards Board (FRSB), the regulator of charity fundraising in the UK, and we follow the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Fundraising Practice which sets out the standards we are required to follow when raising money.
The Charities Act 2011 requires all registered charities to prepare a Trustees' Annual Report and Accounts. For information on Enfield Vision's annual submissions, click here.